About Me

My photo
I am a conservative, I ran for state office as an American Party member in 1974,and again as a republican in 1976. I have children of my own as well as step children and ALL I stand for is to defend their future. I have traveled across this nation, and Canada, I have stood on the shore of the Pacific Ocean in California, Oregon and Alaska, looked out at the Gulf from New Orleans, put my feet in the Atlanic in Florida, caught Lake Trout in Lake Superior, Fished for Grayling in Lake Wassila. I have driven over the mountains, looked across the Grand Canyon, drove through Death Valley. Mostly as a young man on the road. Now I like being home with my family, but I want them to be able to see what I saw, I want them to be able to say this is the Greatest Nation on earth! Because it is free! And as I have learned, I want them to know, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! We owe it to our neighbors to the North and South to remain a bastian of Freedom they can lean on when there is need. MAY THE REPUBLIC LIVE ON.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

TIDBITS

SOME NEWS YOU WON'T SEE ON TV. AND SOME SITES TO CHECK MORE FUN AND GAMES.

More than 200 amendments were rejected by the House Rules Committee ahead of Saturday’s vote on the Democrats’ health care bill, Eleven of those rejected amendments would have required members of Congress and other government officials to be enrolled in the same federal insurance plan proposed for the American people. "If Congress forces our constituents into a public option plan over time, then members of Congress should be expected to do the same," Rep. Howard McKeon (R-Calif.) told CNSNews.com.
Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.) told CNSNews.com that the health care bill pushed by the Democratic House leadership will "shred the Constitution" and that Democrats have not given Republicans "any time to showcase" their ideas on health care reform. "I mean, the thing we need to do right now is just point out how ugly the Pelosi bill is," Hoekstra told CNSNews.com at a Nov. 5 rally on Capitol Hill to protest the Democrats’ health care bill.
Virginia’s Republican Governor-elect Bob McDonnell says his administration will not participate in a government-run health insurance plan, if one is passed by Congress and signed into law. He also urged other governors to "stand up" against federal proposals if they are not good for their states.
Thousands of Americans opposed to the Democrats’ health care plan marched on Capitol Hill Thursday, urging lawmakers to "kill the bill." Among the speakers at the rally was Hollywood actor Jon Voight who told CNSNews.com he does not believe the Constitution authorizes Congress to require individuals to purchase health insurance. He also said there are "a lot of things that are unconstitutional" going on in Congress.

Democrats Raise Alarms Over Costs of Health Bills
'Fuzzy math' could drive health care bill's cost higher
US congressman won grants for agencies linked to his wife

No comments:

Post a Comment