About Me

My photo
I am a conservative, I ran for state office as an American Party member in 1974,and again as a republican in 1976. I have children of my own as well as step children and ALL I stand for is to defend their future. I have traveled across this nation, and Canada, I have stood on the shore of the Pacific Ocean in California, Oregon and Alaska, looked out at the Gulf from New Orleans, put my feet in the Atlanic in Florida, caught Lake Trout in Lake Superior, Fished for Grayling in Lake Wassila. I have driven over the mountains, looked across the Grand Canyon, drove through Death Valley. Mostly as a young man on the road. Now I like being home with my family, but I want them to be able to see what I saw, I want them to be able to say this is the Greatest Nation on earth! Because it is free! And as I have learned, I want them to know, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! We owe it to our neighbors to the North and South to remain a bastian of Freedom they can lean on when there is need. MAY THE REPUBLIC LIVE ON.

Friday, November 6, 2009

MY EMPLOYER IS YOU

I am relieved, I saw the unemployment figures for October and to my amazement, only 512,000 new filings for unemployment comp. Only 190,000 more people lost their jobs last month. That according to the department of labor, based on a survey of business payrolls. However they do not include self employed, and under count job loss in small business. Other surveys show as many as 558,000 more people are out of work in October than were in September. SO who ever is right, there are still 15 plus million Americans out of work. Another extension of workmans comp is just a bandaid on the real problem. The people who do have money do not trust our government and with good cause. I can see we are making great strides forward in the OBAMANATION WAR ON JOBS. My question is he fighting the loss of jobs, or is he fighting jobs. I know some of you think it is unfair of me to point out the timelap between an administrations fiscal behavior and the actual results showing up, and them knock Obama for what is going on. Let me point out, I am not saying he caused this downturn, although it is his fiscal style of spending that has brought this on, but the increased rate of throwing money into the market, along with borrowing from other countries is not lending any confidence to the market, or manufacturing. The current program will keep employers from hiring employees who will not be spending wages at the store for hard goods, so no one will invest in new product or existing manufacturing. Anyone with a bit of sense reguarding economics can see the only way to survive is hide your money until someone does something about our govenment leadership. If we wait until the inflation predicted by econimists all over the world to get here, it will be too late to do anything about it. We as Americans have to do all we can to protect the dollar, it is time to look at what we spend our money on, is it made here or over there, can it be done without, can we repair it instead of buying a new one. Let us be generous with friends and neighbors, but not to the point we are unable to care for ourselves. We then become part of the problem. Let us elect officials who will confront ugly truth and employ honest effort to resolve our economic issues. Officials who will make hard decisions and stick by them. Officials who want what is right, not just to get re-elected. And last but not least and probably only last for todays entry, we as Americans need to determine what our freedom is worth, tighten our belts, put on our work gloves and work harder and ask for less then we have for years. All of us, not just the rich, not just the poor, all of us. Let those that can, give. Let those who can, try harder. And don't forget to pray. You will recieve strength for your efforts and blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment