About Me

My photo
I am a conservative, I ran for state office as an American Party member in 1974,and again as a republican in 1976. I have children of my own as well as step children and ALL I stand for is to defend their future. I have traveled across this nation, and Canada, I have stood on the shore of the Pacific Ocean in California, Oregon and Alaska, looked out at the Gulf from New Orleans, put my feet in the Atlanic in Florida, caught Lake Trout in Lake Superior, Fished for Grayling in Lake Wassila. I have driven over the mountains, looked across the Grand Canyon, drove through Death Valley. Mostly as a young man on the road. Now I like being home with my family, but I want them to be able to see what I saw, I want them to be able to say this is the Greatest Nation on earth! Because it is free! And as I have learned, I want them to know, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! We owe it to our neighbors to the North and South to remain a bastian of Freedom they can lean on when there is need. MAY THE REPUBLIC LIVE ON.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why Big GOVERNMENT Won't Work

The premis of BIG GOVERNMENT is to do more, provide more, be the end all to every problem. History has shown us that under free enterprise this nation has out-grown every other nation in the world. Under free enterprise our standard of living out paced every other country in the world, more people were employed, more people had health care, more people could afford "extras" boats, second cars, snow mobiles, personal watercraft, vacations, wide screen TVs. Why? Because industry when it has access to "CAPITOL" (money, loans) expands, When industry expands it hires more employees, it offers extended hours of work each week, it rewards employees with pay increases and other benefits. When industry can not find capitalization, it grows stagment, when equipment wears out it does not replace it, reseach is cut back, then hours are reduced, next jobs are lost.
Big Government, means large payrolls, Large Payrolls mean higher taxes, higher taxes means less money for the extras, less money for the extras means less need for expansion of business. Less expansion means fewer New Job, therefore less taxable income. When government starts to compete for the available money, (borrowing money, selling treasury notes, etc.) it reduces the capitol needed for buisness to expand, it reduces the incentive to create more just to pay more tax. Money is only a good as what is behind it. (used to be the gold standard)if there is no product to represent our money, (Hard Goods, cars, finished lumber, houses, things that are produced from the ground) Then the money has no value, it is only paper. Government, even big government does not produce any hard good, therefore it should not be in compitition for the available money. Government need to get out of out lives, it need to learn to live in a restrictive budget. It needs to reduce wast, it needs to start seeing itself has the problem, and we need to quit turning to our government to bail us out. Be responsible for yourself and your family. And remind our government it can not out-grow the other sectors of out industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment